Monday, January 7, 2013

#5 - Shadow of a Doubt (1943)


By Alfred Hitchcock. Starring the lovely Teresa Wright who is rapidly becoming my favorite actress. I've only also seen her in The Best Years of Our Lives, which I saw sometime last year and was instantly captivated by her. After seeing Shadow of a Doubt, I didn't realize it was the same actress even though the character definitely reminded me of someone I had seen in a similar movie. Once I looked her up and saw her filmography, I was instantly reminded of how I had fallen for her in the Best Years. Quite an interesting Hollywood persona, as well. One of the only actors (if not the only) to be nominated for an academy award for her role in each of her first three films.
"Are they? Are they, Charlie? Are they human or are they fat, wheezing animals, hm? And what happens to animals when they get too fat and too old?"

No comments:

Post a Comment