Saturday, January 12, 2013

#9 Ginger & Rosa (2012)

By Sally Potter.

Well, there was bound to be a bad one in this expedition of mine. This was clearly the first bad one, and boy, was it bad. Man, I don't know how movie reviewers do it and find something interesting to write about movies that suck. I'm glad that I don't have the problem of anybody reading what I write. But this movie was a real (I don't know what to call it–something really bad).

Takes place in England in the early sixties. A bunch of American actors playing Brits. The main character, Ginger, played by child star Elle Fanning, is a precocious teenage poet/anti-nuclear bomb activist with a dreamy dad who cries when he listens to Shubert. I won't go any further. The story of Rosa is just as bad, trust me.

Probably meant to invoke strong emotion in the viewer, however the only emotion that it stirred in me was, "Man, what a bummer for having wasted the past hour and a half".


No comments:

Post a Comment