Friday, January 25, 2013

#18 The Sessions (2012)

Not a bad movie. John Hawkes is definitely the best reason to see this movie. I went into it not knowing a thing about it and am glad that I didn't because if I had read anything about the story, I probably wouldn't have been interested. So, I'm not going to reveal much more.

Helen Hunt is OK, too. I think she got nominated for the Academy Awards. And as we thought back over her performance, she cries, she's got a pretty decent "looking like I'm gonna cry but not gonna cry" thing, and she gets naked, which as M correctly pointed out are 3 pretty good acting moves that are all highly regarded by the Academy. (In contrast to the fave of this years golden globes, Ben Affleck, who "is the worst actor ever! He's only got like two acting moves!")

2 comments:

  1. You're funny. but I have to point out that Ben Afflek has not been nominated for his acting but for his directing. I think even the Academy knows he's garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but if he was such a great director don't you think he would be better at casting at least a decent actor for the lead...?
    ...maybe the Academy nominated him for doing such an incredible job as a director despite having such a crappy actor in the lead....? Like, "Wow, he did an incredible job at making something out of that movie even though he had to work with such garbage acting by himself! He definitely deserves the Oscar!"

    ReplyDelete